Download Kodi For iPhone: – After discussing the downloading Kodi App for PC and for all platforms separately, we are now going to discuss how to Download Kodi For iPhone. Kodi is available for all platforms, and thus it is necessary for us to share everything about Kodi App and how to get it installed on any device including PC, Windows, Android and iPhone too.
Before going to discuss how to download Kodi for iPhone, it is necessary to know some key points of Kodi App. So, let’s get started and see what we have got for you:-
What Is Kodi App?
Kodi is most popular media player software right now on the market. It was formerly known as XBMC which stands for XBox Media Center which shows that it was truly dedicated to XBox Players only. Kodi App was developed by a group of volunteer engineers known as Team Kodi at XBMC/Kodi Foundation, a non-profit technology consortium.
Kodi (formerly XBMC) is a free and open-source media player software application. Kodi is available for multiple operating systems and hardware platforms, with a 10-foot user interface for televisions and remote controls. Kodi allows users to watch videos, music, podcasts, and videos from the internet, as well as all common digital media files from local and network storage media.
It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet. Kodi supports most common audio, video, and image formats, playlists, audio visualizations, slideshows, weather forecasts reporting, and third-party plugins. Unlike other devices, it is capable of doing nearly everything. Kodi is the ultimate entertainment center software. It plays almost every kind of media you can find and it looks great while doing it! Thanks to the developers.
Since then more than 450 programmers from all over the world have come forward and contributed to Kodi to make it better. As a result of which, Kodi Home Theater now supports more than 65 languages which are huge itself. Kodi For iPhone was written in programming language C++.
Recently, on Aug 2014, XBox Media Center (XBMC) was renamed as Kodi App Player, and it was granted trademark in Nov 2015. It is an open source software with the massive user base. Kodi app is compatible with nearly all operating system platforms including Windows PC, Android, macOS, iOS and Linux. The level of its popularity can be judged by its user base. Kodi App also offers Media player software, smart TV platform, digital media player digital video recorder. Kodi App comes with a software ten-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.
Install Kodi for iPhone, iPad & iOS:
Just like Apple provides macOS operating system for desktop PCs, iOS comes with iPhone. So, if you want to download Kodi for iPhone, you will need to work on iOS. Since Apple has stepped into Smartphone Market, it has been working hard to make it more awesome and feature-rich smartphone so that people keep loving it. In iPhone with iOS 9, it helps to have a split view and picture in picture view.
Basic Requirements for Installing Kodi:-
In order to install Kodi for iPhone, you need to check these requirements first of all.
- A Jailbroken iDevice with iOS 5.1.1 or Higher.
- A Standard iDevice with iOS 5.1.1 or Higher.
- A Mac with Xcode 7 and higher.
- Hardware requirements: iPad (1,2,3,4), iPad Air (1,2), iPad Mini (1,2,3), iPhone (4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6+, 6s, 6s+), iPod touch (4, 5, 6).
Instructions for installing Kodi on iPhone:-
Installing from Cydia:-
- Step 1: Tap the Cydia icon on your iPhone home screen to download Kodi App.
- Step 2: Select Sources -> Edit and click on Add.
- Step 3: Type in “http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios/“
- Step 4: Now Tap on the team Kodi source.
- Step 5: Now Tap on ‘All Packages‘ and then click on ‘Kodi-iOS‘.
- Step 6: Finally Tap install button, then confirm.
- Step 7: Let it install, then exit Cydia.
- You should now have a new Kodi icon on your screen.
Congrats, you have successfully installed Kodi App on iPhone. Start using it right away and start enjoying the app.
Installing using Xcode and iOS App Signer:-
We are here providing an alternative way to download Kodi for iPhone if above one didn’t work for you. Please note that If you have a paid developer account with a wildcard (*) provisioning profile, you don’t need to follow and complete 1-6 steps. These are for non-paid users:-
- Step 1: You need to create a new iOS project in Xcode.
- Step 2: Provide a new name and unique identifier to identify it easily.
- Step 3: After you create the project, Xcode will complain about not having a provisioning profile, you need to click Fix Issue.
- Step 4: Xcode may have you sign into or create your free developer account.
- Step 5: Select development team.
- Step 6: After fixing provisioning profile issue, Xcode shouldn’t have any errors. In case, you have additional devices then Plug in the device, Go to the Product Menu, Under Destination, select your device, Repeat from step 3. That’s all.
- Step 7: Now, Open iOS App Signer and select your signing certificate and provisioning profile you created recently, click start and choose a location to save the output.
- Step 8: In Xcode, click Window menu and then Devices.
- Step 9: Make sure that your device is selected and click the + and then choose the generated file
And you’re done! You should now be running Kodi v16.1 Jarvis for iPhone. Enjoy using the app and watching your favorite TV Shows and movies.
Final Thought on Download Kodi For iPhone:-
iPhone was invented for some purpose, and that’s to form a new religion of technology lovers. iPhone is not just a passion, but it is a profession. Due to which, iPhone market keeps on increasing day by day. iPhone has its own world of peoples.
We hope that you liked the article. If we were able to sort out your problem related to Download Kodi for iPhone, then please share it on your Facebook timeline and help us reach more peoples like you. Thanks for walking with us till here, we wish you all the very best of luck.
Thanks. Keep visiting Kodi Download App portal for more info related to Kodi App. We are a group of technical professionals who loves to write on technology. We will be happy to help you.
If you are still facing any kind of problem installing Kodi on iPhone, please start a thread in the comment section below. We would be happy to reply you as soon as possible. Thanks, :D.